IMPROVING MEDICATION COMPLIANCE
MedFill by a Nurse Care Manager
Improving Medication Compliance
We improve senior medication compliance first by choosing the best medication dispenser for their medication regimen. The dispenser may be a simple pillbox, or we may recommend an automated, monitored dispenser that can alert the client to take their medication at the appropriate time.
Who fills a medication dispenser and manages all of the medications? Sometimes a relative, but we find that many families prefer the guidance and supervision of a professional Nurse Advocate to manage the medications for elder family members.
Our MedFill Program addresses this need, ensuring:
- Weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly MedFills
- Customized medication management service based on client’s medication regimen
- Patient / Caregiver counseling, training, and orientation by Nurse Advocate
- Medication and compliance information are viewable by family on a secure website
- Attending physicians are always able to receive updated, accurate meds list
The Nurse Advocate can also periodically review medications with patient’s doctor, confirming necessity and helping avert negative interactions.
Visits are made on an as-needed basis, at reasonable rates per visit, depending on the number and schedule of medications, the patient’s cycle of prescription refills and the type of medication dispenser used. We have clients that are so grateful for this service, as it has allowed them to stay safe for years longer, in their own homes, where they want to be. It has also saved thousands of dollars compared to the cost of moving to an assisted living facility.